Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Masculine Happy Birthday

 A good friend of ours (Vic's best man) is having a birthday coming up, so I created this card to mail out! I did a few fun things here. I used my paper piercing tool (116631) along with the mat pack (105826) to make a border above the DSP. I used two gold brads (104337), and I did a bit of paper piecing. I stamped the image in pumpkin pie (105216) then on a sheet of Old Olive card stock (100702), I stamped the same image in Old Olive (102277) for a tone on tone look, and cut out two of the ties. I then adhered them above the pumpkin pie ties with Dimensionals (104430) which gives them a 3-D look. The inside of the card has a sheet of Whisper white, sponged with Pumpkin pie, and an old olive tie. I love doing a little bit of stamping on the inside of a card too!


Love the ties? This is one of those stamp sets that can be used so many different ways! It would make a great Father's Day card, Business Thank You, Masculine Happy Birthday, even a Graduation card! Its called, "Best Dad Ever" (120399) and is in the Summer Mini catalog!
Best Dad Ever # 120399





Side Note: Did you know that for $3.95 you get 300 Dimensionals!!! I use them all.the.time and still haven't gone through a package! I generally use about 3-4 per card! With one pack, you could use dimensionals on 75-100 cards! They are great for 3-D matting, if you are doing paper piecing, like the ties above, or making your sentiment POP! They are a great bang for your buck!!
Product number: 104430

No comments:

Post a Comment