119794 Peach Parfait CS
102482 Real Red CS
102067 Tempting Turquoise CS
122348 Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper
103133 Real Red Classic Ink
102277 Old Olive Classic Ink
123442 Four Frames Clear Mount
120609 Party this Way Clear Mount
120907 Decorative Label Punch
119855 Large Oval Punch
116631 Paper Piercing Tool
104337 Gold Brads
105826 Mat Pack
1. Cut Peach Parfait cardstock at 4-1/4” by 11”, fold in half to create card. Cut Real Red cardstock at 4” by 5-1/4”. Cut Big Top Birthday DSP at 3 by 3”. Cut Tempting Turquose cardstock at 4 by 1/4'”.
2. On whisper white card stock, punch the dotted border stamp from Four Frames in old olive ink. Punch out with Decorative Label punch.
3. On whisper white card stock, punch out “Happy Birthday” from Party this way in Real Red ink. Punch out with Large oval punch. Adhere overtop of Decorative label frame using snail adhesive. Set aside completed sentiment.
Layer the side facing up that want to be the “spokes of the wheel”
Fold in a triangle and score along edges. Flip and do the same to the other side. Unfold. The paper should be scored like the following. I have used pen to darken the score lines.
1. Using scissors, cut each score line to about 1 cm from middle point, like the following. Repeat three more times.
Fold in point slightly left of the score line. This is so when you place your brad in the center point, it “grabs” all points. Repeat three times.
Using the paper piercer and mat pack, pierce the center point of your pinwheel, and place a brad in the center. Fold over brad backing.
1. Now that your pinwheel is completed, let’s assemble the card! Layer the real red cardstock over top of the peach parfait card base. Adhere the tempting turquoise “stick” diagonally. Place the completed pinwheel at the top of the stick. Adhere the sentiment, and you have finished a beautiful card!
Pinwheels are so versatile and can be used for practically every occasion! Adhere to pixie sticks and give as party favors, adhere to straws and add a little pizazz to drinks, hang with ribbon from the ceiling for decoration. To vary the size of your pinwheel, simply create any size square of paper. Here are sizing differences: